Re: Database Driven Documentation

Subject: Re: Database Driven Documentation
From: justin -at- cherryleaf -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 03:06:56 -0600

I'm the "nice person" at Cherryleaf that wrote the article ;-) (hi Sean
and thank you for the compliment).

AuthorIT are the only people I know much about who are offering a packaged
solution that falls into what I would mean by database driven single
sourcing (there are probably others that I haven't come across). What I
mean by this is simply that the document is stored in a database and
doesn't use markup as the primary means of flagging chunks of content (cf.
Webworks Publisher).

However to do the more complex things that Karen is looking at I would
suggest a custom solution. I would also second everything Mark Baker has
said in this thread.

Cheers,

Justin Darley