Made Me feel credible!

Subject: Made Me feel credible!
From: "Writer Whirler" <a_whirler -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2003 09:39:16 -0500

I want to share something that happened to me yesterday. I am working on user guides for a major update to a very high profile system within our company. Even though the code freeze is way past, the spec docs keep changing. Not that unusual, I know, but it has lead to a lot of confusion within the development staff. Yesterday, this exchange occurred:

One of the developers yelled over the cubicle wall to one of the testers (I'm part of the testing staff).

Developer: "Do you know if Report Generation [which is a Major New Feature] applies to both internal and external users?"

Tester: "I don't know..." The tester turns to me and asks me that same question.

Me: "That's what I heard and that's how I'm writing it."

Tester yells back to developer: "That's what Wendy says."

Developer yells back: "OK. Then that's how I'm coding it."

Gave me the warm and fuzzies. :)