Re: Word - odd pages only

Subject: Re: Word - odd pages only
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "Cheryl Wallace" <cwallace -at- costlink -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 11:10:12 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cheryl Wallace" <cwallace -at- costlink -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: August 14, 2003 10:59 AM
Subject: Q: Word - odd pages only

> Here's a question for any Word gurus on the list since I'm havign trouble
> finding what I need on the web.
>
> I have a document where I need to consider only the odd pages for page
> numbers. In other words, the content will be on the odd pages with the even
> pages left for notes. I don't want to acknowledge the notes pages or have
> them figure in the page count. There will also be different even and odd
> headers.

1. Insert page numbers. They will be on all pages now, but we'll fix that.

2. Click View > Header and Footer.

3. Open the even page footer and delete the number. It may be there in the
form of an anchor and look like a graphic. Delete whatever is in that footer.
You may have difficulty moving out of the footer by using the Header and
Footer toolbar, so just Page Down or click Close on the toolbar.

4. Save the file, and then open it and check it.

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info
Overnight service available