Interview question

Subject: Interview question
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 13:41:26 -0400

I had a telephone interview with a major corporation for a technical editing
job yesterday. One of the questions I was asked was, "What is the single most
important documentation for a software developer?" I answered that I didn't
know, but thought it might well be the documentation for the APIs or for the
operating system.

I don't think the question was vital to the interview, but I'm not sure. The
job was one for which the hiring manager thought I might be qualified. It was
not a job to which I had directly applied, and the job *is* for technical
editing of developer's tools.

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info