Re: Spacing in Word XP

Subject: Re: Spacing in Word XP
From: "Bonnie Granat" <bgranat -at- editors-writers -dot- info>
To: "Don Groseclose" <dgroseclose1 -at- comcast -dot- net>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2003 13:57:08 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don Groseclose" <dgroseclose1 -at- comcast -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Sent: August 16, 2003 02:21 PM
Subject: Spacing in Word XP

> I'm running into a lot of single spaces after periods in documents I'm
> editing and it takes forever to arrow-key through and count spaces. My eye
> isn't refined enough to catch them at a glance. Can Word XP search for
> instances of only one space rather than two at the end of sentences?

The standard use today is one space after a period ending a sentence.

But here's the control:

Tools > Options > Spelling and Grammar. Under Grammar, select "Check grammar
with spelling." Then click Settings and set the number of spaces after a
sentence.

Before you close the Options dialog box by clicking OK, click Recheck
Document.

Bonnie Granat
GRANAT EDITORIAL SERVICES
http://www.editors-writers.info