Re: DTD for mechanical engineering?

Subject: Re: DTD for mechanical engineering?
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:45:40 +0200

DITA
(http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-dita4/ index.html)- Am
not too sure about this DTD, but was recommended that I look into it. We
are also looking into transferring all our documentation into XML and
using a general DTD, but I am finding more and more that Docbook is not
really what I want.

Thanks for pointing that out.

On first glance, DITA appears to be a general documentation framework, similar to DocBook. As such, it is likely not suitable for our project without customization.

We will look at DITA if no industry-specific DTD is available. For the time being, we will not investigate DITA in depth. (Unless somebody points out that we misunderstood the purpose :-)

Thanks
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de