RE: The Results (Long)

Subject: RE: The Results (Long)
From: "Anita Legsdin" <anita -dot- legsdin -at- watchmark -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:07:52 -0700

Ditto. About 3 years ago, a position opened at my company, and I was involved in the interview process. One of the candidates had been referred by an employee who knew her through the local STC chapter. The candidate arrived wearing various shades of purple from head to toe, and had rings on nearly each finger. She looked like a 1970s transplant, freshly emerged from the time machine. Although the name on her resume didn't ring any bells with me, the instant I saw her I recognized her from previous unfortunate encounters (at the STC). It's entirely possible that she could write, but she would have driven everyone else bonkers in no time flat. Corporate culture and team identity are as important as education or membership in professional societies.

OTOH, I'm a member of my local STC chapter--or at least, I was then. Ahem. (cough)

Anita Legsdin
Sr. Technical Writer
WatchMark
(425) 564-8135