dressing for interview (results-long)

Subject: dressing for interview (results-long)
From: "G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:55:42 -0400

HI,

I personnaly think that dressing up for an interview is very useful in
showing how professional you are. Now, depending on the state and weather,
dressing up can mean a suit, a shirt and pants or just a plain dress.
Call me old fashioned, but I would definitely remove bonus points for people
who came in shorts and sandals. I would prefer soemone who is dressed up on
d-day but once he is hired, he can wear what he wants especially if there is
a corporate culture.

My old place, people dressed up for interviews and started their first day
of work in jeans and t-shirt. I agree with that. They wear what they want
AFTER they've been hired.

/Grace