Re: Marketing email - VENT

Subject: Re: Marketing email - VENT
From: "Gregory Sweet" <Gsweet -at- cdphp -dot- com>
To: <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com>,<techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 17:34:59 -0400

Eh-hem ...And just yesterday, a very well-read and reputable e-magazine I read started <D'oh> it's </D'oh> lead article...

And the curse goes on...

:^)

-Greg

neart - misneach - diongbháilteacht

>>> "Diane Evans" <diane_evans -at- hotmail -dot- com> 08/20/03 05:24PM >>>

>Would I really spend the afterlife chased by a guy in a little red suit
>poking me with a pitchfork if I chose to return an *edited* email to the
>salesdood that sent it to me considering that part of this company's market
>is technical writers?

This is the curse of being a technical writer -- you constantly want to edit
things around you. It used to bug me to have to wait for a bus next to a
deli that sold "sandwitches." And just yesterday, a very well-read and
reputable e-magazine I read started it's lead article with a sentence
including the phrase: "... the site of the principle ferry...". I wonder
what kind of ferry that is? The one that carries basic truths and laws from
one area to another?

Diane Evans
Technical Writer