Re: XML Instruction/Class Needed - Suggestions?

Subject: Re: XML Instruction/Class Needed - Suggestions?
From: Sean Wheller <seanwhe -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: Janet Vega <anutha_writer -at- yahoo -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 02:46:12 -0700 (PDT)

Janet Vega <anutha_writer -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:
>Hi all:
>
>Anyone happen to know of good and cheap XML classes
>(level one)[snip]

Janet,

XML is a large subject. How you start learning depends
on how you intend to use XML, development or
publishing. As this is TECHWR-L, I assume the later.

Depending on your level of technical expertise, you
will be able to learn XML online and for free.

Everything begins with the W3C (http://www.w3c.org).
Get to know this site well. you will visit it on
regular basis.

Next go to W3Schools (http://www.w3schools.com)
If you have no background in HTML, start there and
progress to XML, then XSL etc.

For more insight check ZVON (http://www.zvon.org)
Here you can dig and dig until. The Tutorial's can be
downloaded in zip or tar.gz. As you advance you will
find the XLabs helpful.

Start with this. If you need more, just let me know.

Enjoy,

Sean Wheller

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com