RE: interviews and ethics

Subject: RE: interviews and ethics
From: "Ruiter, Vicki" <Vicki_Ruiter -at- sra -dot- com>
To: "'TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM'" <TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 09:56:04 -0400

>I have a question for the masses...
>
>Have you ever been to a job interview only to find out
>later that the company flat out lied to you? How did
>you handle it?

Yup. I was told that I could have a "totally flexible work schedule" and
after working six weeks of 5am-2pm, I was then told that actually, the "core
hours" were 9-3. I paid a 12 year old to come and babysit my kids from
2:30-4:30 for the next six weeks until my next job started. My half-hour
commute home at 2:00 pm became an hour and a half long commute at 3:00.
Just not worth it and I didn't trust them to not change what they wanted the
next month.

Vicki Ruiter