RE: salary.com

Subject: RE: salary.com
From: Allan Ackerson <Allan -at- profitsystems -dot- net>
To: "'cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com'" <cor -at- techwritercor -dot- com>, TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 12:39:39 -0600

How badly do you need to work? Here in Colorado Springs, after being
unemployed as a writer for a year, I took a job that was $15K less than my
last tech writing job, but $12K more than I was making as a substitute
teacher. High tech jobs have taken a huge hit here in the past few years
and I was damned glad to have it.

<<I've had a couple of interviews for entry-level positions and
it seems what I'm being offered is about $15,000 less than the lowest pay
shown on salary.com.