Re: Printer spewing paper

Subject: Re: Printer spewing paper
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "Gresham, Kathleen 000" <Gresham -dot- Kathleen -at- corp -dot- sysco -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:18:43 -0400

Gresham, Kathleen 000 wrote:

Dick
You wrote:
"The printer that occasionally spews is an HP 4000. The one the doc printed successfully on is a Xerox 230. I didn't see anything particularly odd about the doc except that it was typed in Courier New (that's lawyers for you), with Arial headings. I mean there were no problems opening it or saving it, no weird graphics, no tables, etc.

"Anyone have any insight into the cause of this phenomenon?"

You didn't mention which program created the file. Was it a PostScript document? Could the problem be caused by the infamous PostScript emulator in the HP printers?
Kathleen 000 (odd middle name, that),

Thanks for your input. I'm trying to get back to the guy's laptop to check out which driver he is pointing to (PS or PCL), as I think you (and an off-list correspondent) are probably correct. I suspect that if I fix his printer properties to point to the correct driver, all will be well. The document was in Word, which I implied obscurely in my original post when I referred to Maggie-ing the thing (a techwr-l inside joke that, if you happen to be new to the list, you would not have gotten).

We'll see what happens once I get access to the machine again (the saga continues).

Dick

Thanks

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]