Re: Has WebWorks fallen off the map?

Subject: Re: Has WebWorks fallen off the map?
From: Sean Brierley <seanb_us -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 17:37:24 -0700 (PDT)

Depends.

RoboHelp has a huge marketshare but WWP is a much
easier, more efficient, and more robust way to get
HTML and online help from FrameMaker.

But, if you set up your WWP templates and FM template,
then why do you need someone with WWP experience? They
just need to use FrameMaker in the way you set
up--whassat, a couple of hours training?

Also, by requiring API experience, you are limiting
yourself.

Are you near Connecticut? I can post a job for
you--contact me offlist. Also, check Quadralay and
places like www.scriptorium.com, www.knopf.com, www.
travelthepath.com, etc., maybe they know resources.

Cheers,

Sean

--- Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com> wrote:

> WebWorks has by no means fallen off the map. i use
> it
> every day, and I know of about 1000 other tech
> writers
> who also use it (wwp-users list). My guess is that
> there may be more.
<snip>
> --- Carolyn Dismuke <cdismuke -at- salesforce -dot- com> wrote:
> > We've been interviewing technical writers for an
> API
> > contract. But of the few applicants that have API
> > experience, NONE have WebWorks experience. They
> all
> > have Robo, HTML, and many years in tech writing.
> > You'd think in this economy it would be easy.

<snip>