RE: Re: Conferences in the early 21st Century

Subject: RE: Re: Conferences in the early 21st Century
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: margulis -at- fiam -dot- net, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 26 Aug 2003 21:33:12 GMT

There was a time in one of my past careers when I spent
about 50-60% of my time traveling to various customer sites
throughout the country. By the time I was finished with
this assignment, my sole criteria for selecting places to
stay was the quality of the bathrooms in the hotel rooms,
because it was the only thing remotely resembling luxury
that I ever experienced on these trips. These days, the
only conferences I attend are ones held in my own back
yard so I can go home at night and sleep in my own bed.
People who never have to travel always think it's a lot
more fun than it really is.

Gene Kim-Eng