EPS display problem in Word 2002

Subject: EPS display problem in Word 2002
From: "Brigitte Johnston" <bjohnston -at- humantech -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:50:43 -0400

Hi everyone -

I've just started using Word 2002 and Acrobat 5.0.5 (upgraded from Word 2000 and Acrobat 4.0) and I'm having a problem getting .EPS graphics that I create to display in Word.

What I'm doing: I create a one-page document in Word, PDF the document, and then save the PDF in Acrobat as an .EPS graphic (Save As > 'eps' > Settings button > Language Level 1, ASCII, Include Preview.) Note: In Acrobat 4.0, you used the 'export' option to 'export' a PDF to .EPS, but now you have to Save As instead, so that's different here.

When I save the .EPS and then try to insert it into another Word document (Insert > Picture > From File), the graphic is inserted, but I can't see it. I can click on it but only the boundaries of it display. When I print the Word document or PDF it, the picture IS visible. Why can't I see it in Word? What's set incorrectly? (I do not have 'Picture Placeholders' selected in Word.) This worked great with Word 2000 and Acrobat 4 - I got really nice, crisp graphics. <Sigh>

Many thanks in advance -

Brigitte R. Johnston
Tech. Writer/Editor