RE: Conferences in the early 21st Century

Subject: RE: Conferences in the early 21st Century
From: Solena -dot- LEMOIGNE -at- fr -dot- thalesgroup -dot- com
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- RAYCOMM -dot- COM
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:08:25 +0200

On the 27th of August, Mariana Prusorova typed
"
Anyway you are lucky that such conferences take place in the USA. In Europe
there has never been a tech writing conference (have you ever heard of
such?). And there may be is not a sensible IT manager who would pay the
costs for visa and transatlantic flight just for a few days of training.
Once one of my coleagues was sent to Oracle conference in California, but he
was one of the lecturers :) and it makes a good advertisement.

Would you attend FrameUsers if it took place in Paris, for example? (just
asking)
"

I'm sorry to say that you are partially wrong there.

As pointed by Mark L. Levinson, the STC Europe organisation gathers most
events that take place in Europe. And not only the straight paper doc, but
as reminded by Goober Writer, help authors, too.
In France we have both the french STC chapter and the Conseil des Rédacteurs
Techniques (CRT). The CRT organised this march the 2003 edition of Comtec,
right in Paris.
You can check out http://www.chez.com/crt for more information.

And yes, I'd attend FrameUsers in Paris if only I was still allowed to use
it where I'm working now.

Solena Le Moigne
Thales Communications - Cholet
solena -dot- lemoigne -at- fr -dot- thalesgroup -dot- com
I'm on Digest, please answer directly.
I'll post a summary to the list.
To the gentleman wearing the long grey
coat trying to get on the second carriage:
What part of 'stand clear of the doors'
don't you understand?
-- London underground driver quote