last minute crunch

Subject: last minute crunch
From: "G. Abenhaim" <g -dot- abenhaim -at- nhc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 15:07:12 -0400

" Content Freeze is a myth."

I agree here. Content may freeze for just once day in my case. Then it's
back at what the developers have done so far and what are the client
requirements.
Most of the time, your manager wants to impress his manager and you are the
one re-writing the doc about 20 times for one release.

My advice is speak to the developers as much as you can and keep yourself
informed of what is staying in the doc and what is going. Don't be suprised
if there are features added last minute. I'm saying this because most of the
time, the manager will have no time to give you details. Keep calm and write
up an outline before you start. Try and do the most you can to make the
dealine and any change that is not a "major" change (code or software), tell
your boss it will go in the next release. and if he says no, then ask him to
help you write. That way you save time and all you do is type.
Hope this helps,

Grace