Re: The last minute crunch

Subject: Re: The last minute crunch
From: surfer_924 -at- earthlink -dot- net
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 06:53:23 -0600

>If any of you has a technique to avoid around the last minute crush, or a
way of planning for the unplannable, or a crystal ball to see the
unforeseen, I'd like to hear about it.<

In the last place I worked, we had document review meetings (preliminary,
interim, and final)that included the project manager, lead developer, tech
support, and the tw responsible for the manual. Each invitee was given a
copy of the manual to review prior to the meeting, and the meeting ended
when we all agreed on what changes were to be made. At the final review,
the finished document was presented along with a release doc that was
signed by the PM, lead developer, and tech support. Their signature on
that document meant that the document was final. Any changes that came up
after that point were either made in the next release, or if it couldn't
wait, a Tech Bulletin was sent out.

I guess it helped a lot that I had a manager who backed me up when it came
time for me to say "no." (I left shortly after he did, but that's another
story for another thread.)

Surfer