India - Wave of the Future?

Subject: India - Wave of the Future?
From: "Anachie Shakespeare" <anachie -at- lycos -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2003 15:55:48 -0400

All:

Over the past few weeks, I have had several friends tell me that their projects are moving to India, and that they are no longer needed.

I've also had other friends tell me that I should get out of the high tech industry, as it's future is uncertain at best, and that many jobs are moving to other countries.

After seeing what happened to manufacturing: companies moved to from country to country looking for cheap salaries, no benefits, and no environmental laws to hinder them, I wonder if this could happen to tech writing?

A.