The ultimate in understatement?

Subject: The ultimate in understatement?
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2003 13:38:18 -0700

I snagged a deal yesterday to replace my aging laser printer at home. In the
top of a box is a single sheet (orange!) with the headling "Important!"
(Yes, with the exclamation point.)

It says [with a couple of my own added notes]: "In *many* [emphasis mine]
locations, [company name] provides toll free [note the lack of a hyphen for
the compound adjective] telephone support during the warrenty period.
However, some of the phone numbers listed below may not be toll free."

The list contains precisely one US number:
+1 (1) 208 ...

Now I don't know where 208 is (it's sure not around the company's
headquarters), but wherever it is--especially compared with the entire
country--I'm not sure the places that can dial this number toll free are
"many."

Chuck Martin