RE: Visual Basic and Tech Writing

Subject: RE: Visual Basic and Tech Writing
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 07:08:11 -0700 (PDT)

------------------------------
R D asks:
Has anyone learned VB as a tool to become a better
technical writer? I have the opportunity to take a VB
class and I'm wondering about it's merits in regard to
tech writing-
------------------------------

IMHO, learning VB will only benefit you.

* Provides an additional, marketable skill
* Demonstrates to your employer that you are willing to learn new skills
* Helps you to understand programmers
* Helps you to understand programming
* Gains you "respect points" from programmers (maybe)
* Provides a different perspective from what you might be used to
* Makes you feel smart (especially when you complete your first program)
* Provides knowledge that might help you troubleshoot tools that you use

Those are the benefits that I can see for now. If you have the opportunity to take any class that improves your skillset, you should do it. :-)

"This is either madness or brilliant."
"It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide." -- Will Turner & Captain Jack Sparrow
Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com