RE: Job Market

Subject: RE: Job Market
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 10:50:20 -0500

I would like to thank all of those that replied both to the list and off
the list. I gained a few ideas in case my current job does not pan out
after the turn of the year. The dreaded budget concerns will determine
whether or not I remain a resident of Oak Brook, IL into the future.

Again, I find it intriguing that companies will hire people from outside
of the respective country, but not consider someone who lives across the
state line. But again, thanks to those who replied to my dated question.
I must also add that I was somewhat surprised that I got my current
position while still living in Minnesota, and the fact that all of my
interviews were over the phone, of course the half-dozen interviews I
had with IBM-Rochester (MN) in March/April of this year were over the
phone too and I lived 5 minutes away from the facility. Go figure.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone

Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM) now with email
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...