RE: will or is

Subject: RE: will or is
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: crowles -at- fnis -dot- com, techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: 04 Sep 2003 21:45:42 GMT

It depends on whether you consider the generation of the
credit report a future occurrence or part of the process
being performed. Gray area, because even if grammatically
incorrect, most readers will tend to prefer "is," and
consider "will be" to be stuffy.

But if it were up to me, I'd junk the entire first sentence
and replace it with something like "Select xx to exclude
income contained in Section V of the 1003 from the 833
request file and the credit report" (assuming that the rest
of the terminology is correct).

Gene Kim-Eng