Re: Giving credit...

Subject: Re: Giving credit...
From: kcronin -at- daleen -dot- com
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 14:27:41 -0600

I give written credit to SMEs who contribute significant portions of text
or product knowledge used in specific documents, listing their names among
the authors of the document. But as was pointed out, with credit comes
culpability, so I only do that when the person was formally assigned to
help create the document.

But whenever anybody - assigned or otherwise - helps me out, I make a
point of thanking them via e-mail, CC'ing their managers as well. I'm a
big believer in sharing credit in a very public manner. It helps pave the
way for the next time I'll need their help.

Keith Cronin
addicted to popping bubble-wrap