Re: SME vs. Audience

Subject: Re: SME vs. Audience
From: "Chuck Martin" <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
To: techwr-l
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:50:45 -0700

Something different.

In his book "The Inmates are Running the Asylum," Alan Cooper describes a
design and development methodology that is ideal for both product and
documentation. That methodology uses carefully constructed personas to
answer design questions. Those personas--you rarely need more than two to
adequately represent your audience--are the yardstick by which you would
measure your content and information design.

Chuck Martin