RE: Anyone Remember That Release of Liability?

Subject: RE: Anyone Remember That Release of Liability?
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 13:01:55 -0500

This thread as well as the post from February reminded me of a road sign
I saw in Wyoming on I-25 driving north from Denver on my way to Casper
back in 1994. I did a Google search but was unable to locate it, but it
had to be one of the most interesting road signs I have ever seen.
Needless to say the state of Wyoming would not responsible if you
were... attacked (?) by an animal of any kind, because the sign listed
just about every creature that walks, crawls, swims, or flies in the
state of Wyoming.

It had to be one of the best (?) disclaimers ever written, but it did
not compare to a set of headphones I ordered off of iWon.com a few years
back. In the warranty section, it honestly listed about a dozen things
that were not covered, including: ACTS OF GOD. And it was in caps. Seems
to me that no matter what happened to those 14.95 wireless headphones, I
was not going to get my money back or a replacement.

If anyone has a copy or a pic of that road sign by chance, I would love
to get a copy.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/

Stay in Touch
Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM)
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...