RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing requirement in a tech writing ad - how to respond?
From: "France Baril" <France -dot- Baril -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "Cheryl Wallace" <cwallace -at- costlink -dot- com>, "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:15:43 -0400

I think it was available in the early 80's in my region too. I remember seeing typewriters when I went to visit the high school as a kid. However, they disapeared before I got there, 85 to 90. They were replaced with computers, we learned to program in BASIC and to use Word Perfect 5.0, but not to type.

I guess my region is too far up north... although I did not live that far from Montreal. Well, I might have to take back my comment about age discrimination and just call back my old teachers to ask them what happened in my high schools, cause neither one of them had offered these classes.