RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?

Subject: RE: Typing Requirement in a Tech Writing Ad - How to respond?
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 08:48:35 -0500

I am not sure about the rest of you, but my typing speed has never been a problem since I gloriously became a technical writer. I believe my communication skills have proved more beneficial to me than my wpm. Not mention pagination techniques, writing skills, editing skills, and research techniques. I should point out that I live in a procedures paradise, or procedures <heck> depending on how the day is going, so I am not typing away as I did when I was a budding journalist before I saw the light.

I may be wrong, or simply naïve, but from what I have encountered in my short time in the field (roughly 1 year as an actual tech writer), my wpm has not come up.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
http://www22.verizon.com/airfone/

Stay in Touch
Verizon Airfone JetConnect (SM)
Inflight e-mail, Instant Messaging, and more...