Re: Unsubscribing and HTML e-mail? (was: Blocked)

From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: Chuck Martin <cm -at- writeforyou -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 13:44:22 -0400

Chuck Martin wrote:

"inadvertently opting-in" indeed......

If it's not an explicit, clear choice--in other words, not buried in mounds
of surrounding tiny type and in plain language--then it's a sneaky
underhanded trick to drive traffic and increase circulation.
</soapbox>

It's an explicit checkbox on the registration form. It is worded more clearly than most of what I write. It is on by default and it is immediately above the submit button. Some people may click the submit button without taking time to read the line next to the checked box. That's inadvertent in my book.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]