RE: RE: Refining My "Cutting Edge" Technical Writing Skills Post

Subject: RE: RE: Refining My "Cutting Edge" Technical Writing Skills Post
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techpubs -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 15 Sep 2003 21:22:04 GMT

OTOH, they do seem to be the "subject of the day" in many
of my business meetings with prospective clients and in
my interviews with prospective employers. It seems as if
every (non-writer) product manager and even a few writing
managers want to know if I have any experience with the
technology, mostly because they don't. I've "used" my
knowledge of XML several times this year, mostly to
analyze my clients' document needs and advise them that
XML either isn't going to do anything for the docs they
want to produce, or that it's still to immature to be
able to do what they'd like to do with single sourcing.
So knowing about XML has already been useful to me...

Gene Kim-Eng