RoboHelp Question - I'm desperate!!! (take II)

Subject: RoboHelp Question - I'm desperate!!! (take II)
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 13:14:38 -0400

Michelle Parcell restated the problem: <<Let's say I have two topics. One
Map ID (which I incorrectly referred to earlier as Topic ID - sorry about
that) is 100, and the other is 200. However, because of PD issues, I need
100 to be 150, and I need 200 to be 100. So I change 100 to 150, but Robo
won't let me change 200 to 100 because it says it's already assigned to a
topic (IOW, it's still hanging on to what is now topic 150). How do I get
Robo to have 150 let go of the 100 Map ID? If I do a
report of IDs, it doesn't show up, but when I run a Diagnostic Report, it
shows that both Map IDs are assigned to that one topic.>>

You can find a rogue map ID in the map ID window in RoboHelp itself: Open
the list of Map IDs, and right click in that window. Select the option
"Search for map ID" to find which topic contains the problem (here, the
number 150), and renumber the topic by right-clicking on it and editing its
properties to use a new number. For example, set it to 9999. Once that's
done, the ID becomes available for use elsewhere. The problem seems to be
that RH doesn't automatically update the list of map IDs to reflect changes
in the open Word file, but you can force it to do so as I've described.

Hope that I've understood the problem better this time!

(try ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca if you get no response)
580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"It's one thing to see death coming at the hands of your own creation.
That's part of the human epic tradition, after all. Oedipus and his father.
Baron Frankenstein and his monster. William Henry Gates and Windows
'09."--David Brin, _Kiln People_

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com