RE: Word and multiple conditions: a how-to

Subject: RE: Word and multiple conditions: a how-to
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 14:25:47 -0400

A top-posting John Posada [mailto:JPosada -at- book -dot- com] said:

> That will come out in the POC, because the person proposing
> the scenario has
> to do more than open his big mouth...he has to put is code in it.
>
> >Well, if I can't wiggle out of it, your comments will be a
> >big help. On the other hand, if I'm going to wiggle out of
> >it, I'd better make sure that your post doesn't reach certain
> >people's eyes. <g>

Ah. I see where you missed the point.

The point was that *somebody else* was proposing it,
with the notion that the technical writer should be the
one to research it, prove it out, and then start
implementing it. That other person, while not in a
direct reporting relationship, does outrank me.
So, I don't *get* to say: "If s/he thinks it'll work
so well, why doesn't s/he prove it out, and *then* I'll
implement it on a large scale?"

My interest is to keep my head low but, if cornered,
have something to back up a dissenting opinion. Of course,
now David Brown has come along and shot holes in that
argument by showing that merely quintupling the volume
of my text by surrounding every phrase with carefully-crafted
and nested code, I can achieve the desired output using Word.

Drat!

/kevin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com