Re: Single-sourcing DIDN'T work for me just now?

Subject: Re: Single-sourcing DIDN'T work for me just now?
From: David Knopf <david -at- knopf -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:43:28 -0700

David Knopf wrote:

Hart, Geoff wrote:

For those who are interested in learning more about single-sourcing, I
recommend finding a copy of the August 2003 issue of STC's _Technical
Communication_, which contains a comprehensive and nicely balanced
discussion of the many aspects of single-sourcing.

I virtually never disagree with Geoff Hart, but the July-August issue of Intercom included an article titled "Do-It Yourself Single Sourcing," and I cannot think of a more unfortunate place to turn for good, reliable information about single sourcing. I will not repeat my rant about this article here, but will note that it is in the archive for 25 July with the subject line, "Woe be unto them that learn about single sourcing from Intercom.

Kindly disregard my last remark. I must learn to read more carefully. As Goober kindly pointed out to me off-list, Geoff was not referring to Intercom, but rather to Technical Communication.

Regards,

--

David Knopf ~ Knopf Online ~ San Francisco
mailto:david -at- knopf -dot- com ~ http://www.knopf.com

Consulting & Training for Technical Communicators
FrameMaker ~ WebWorks ~ Structured Authoring ~ XML
WebWorks Publisher Certified ~ Adobe Certified Expert: FrameMaker
Member, JavaHelp 2.0 Expert Group
Moderator, HATT & wwp-users

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com