Leaving Techwhirlers

Subject: Leaving Techwhirlers
From: Michele Davis <michele -at- krautgrrl -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 12:18:21 -0500

Just to add my two cents, I have been inundated with over 400 emails a
day, including Spam. A firewall doesn't help you here people, ours
certainly hasn't helped me. HOWEVER, this exploit is AT LEAST 9 months
old which means you either:

1) Haven't updated your sw patches in the past 6 months

or

2) Clicked on something you shouldn't have

I find it interesting that two people are leaving the list serv, when
everyone is suffering. Where would the list serv go if we all walked off
because of the level of Spam and Virus emails? I feel people should be
more considerate! Take the time to treat your computer as your friend,
do you change the oil in your car? Well, your PC needs maintenance too!

--
Michele

"I've learned that sometimes all a person needs is a hand to hold and a heart to understand." Andy Rooney
www.krautgrrl.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com