RE: Leaving Techwhirlers

Subject: RE: Leaving Techwhirlers
From: "sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:31:14 -0400

In large part because I have had my 2 email addresses for over 5 years, I
literally get some 100 spam to 10 real emails mper account. Since I get
about 400 to 600 emails a day total, you can see the problem. Despite
Outlook filters, I was overwhelmed. The last straw was my 9 year old niece
sitting with me looking at my email to see if her mother sent an email and
a picture of woman doing things no 9 year old needs to see popped up in an
email.

I researched and bought a spam filter. I am pretty happy with it. You can
find out more at www.outlook-spam-filter.com. It moves all suspect email to
another folder for me to peruse later. It works in Outlook and I generally
like it. About $30. I have no affiliation with this product, except it
helps a lot.

Everyone I know with an email address is also deluged with this stuff. It
is awful and a pain to find the real email under this flood.

Of course, antivirus software and a hardware firewall for the other nasty
stuff.

sharon