Re: Leaving Techwhirlers

Subject: Re: Leaving Techwhirlers
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:40:14 -0700 (PDT)

> These worms are vicious, and it is NOT the
> recipient's fault that they are affected.

I didn't say that. I said if someone was infected, it
was their own fault for not patching up when the patch
was made available. Windows has an Automatic Update
utility. There really is no excuse for not being
up-to-date. But receiving the e-mail, well, we all
have to live with that mess. But, I never equated
receiving the worm-mail as being infected. We're
receiving due to someone else's negligence or
ignorance.

> In addition, the hole never should have been there
> in the first place. THAT is Microsoft's fault!

Bugs are bugs. You can either accept the fact that
they were found and patched, or you can B&M about
them. But in the end, people make software, and people
are human. In short, we suck it up until computers are
smart enough to write it themselves, at which point,
kick in you favorite sci-fi flash-forwards and start screaming.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com