RE: ADMIN: Update on junk email problems?

Subject: RE: ADMIN: Update on junk email problems?
From: MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2003 17:11:55 -0400

Hart, Geoff [mailto:Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA]

> /kevin reports: <<I don't recall attachments coming through
> the list as
> being any problem.>>
>
> Obviously you weren't here the day when our (misconfigured,
> badly out of
> date, free and worth every penny*) Pegasus e-mail software
> corrupted its
> mailing database and spammed the entire population of
> Pagemaker file I'd sent to a colleague earlier that day. I
> still wince to
> think of it, and bet there are people out there who still
> haven't forgiven
> me.

I've been on the list for several years, but that event would
have made a much bigger impression on you and Eric, since
I would have received only the one attachment over a highspeed
link (so no big hairy deal for me), whereas Eric would have seen
the listserver staggering, and you would have been blushing
furiously. :-)

/kevin

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com