RE: Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.

Subject: RE: Tests for a Contract TWing Opp.
From: "Kirsch, Gabrielle" <Gabrielle -dot- Kirsch -at- wamu -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 15:34:32 -0700

I also had to take a timed test (sent by email) through an agency after
I thought I had already been offered the job. Initially I was offended
(and possibly a little intimidated, since no one told me what they were
testing) and ready to say "s... you guys". Practicality set in when I
realized that 1) I needed a job and 2) this was a short-term gig. I took
and aced the test and started at the position.

I did, eventually, ask about the test and was told that, since I would
be doing much of my work from home (my choice) and that no one would be
looking at it until most of the job was over (their choice) they wanted
some proof that my samples were mine and that I could do what I said I
could.

The test was easy, the client paid on time, after the contract was over
I was offered a perm position (which I turned down). Don't let pride (or
fear) stand in the way of taking the test.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com