Questions re: Nafta & Tech Writers -Cdn to US contracting/employment

Subject: Questions re: Nafta & Tech Writers -Cdn to US contracting/employment
From: sclarke -at- nucleus -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 18:15:19 -0600

Hi Everyone:

I haven't been here for quite a while. It's good to see most of you are
still here and a couple of new names as well. I have two major questions.

1) Re: NAFTA & Tech Writers

I've checked the Techwhrl archives on this subject. Mosdt of the posts are
at least several years old. I'm a Canadian Tech writer living in the
province of Alberta (above Montana) and wondering about the possibilities
of working as a Tech Writer in the United States? Does NAFTA cover this?
Or make it possible? And does anyone know if there have been any changes
with respect to this since 9/11 with increased border security between our
two countries? Also does anyone on this list have personal experience with
working on the other side of the fence? Either US to Canada or vice versa?
Does anyone know what the procedures are? Or could you point me in the
right direction where I can find out? Also is there/are there any sort of
time limitations? eg. can only work in U.S. for "x" period of time while
on the contract?

I'd appreciate any assistance or available info.

Thx

Sara-Sue in Canada

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com