Writer? Designer? Writer/Designer?

Subject: Writer? Designer? Writer/Designer?
From: "Writer Whirler" <a_whirler -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 10:11:23 -0500

My next project is writing online Help for our corporate web site. I am fine with the writing part, but not with the online part. There are very specific design standards everything must adhere to, and the skills involved are over my head. In previous projects, I worked with one of our HTML/design guys, who plugged my text into his pages. Since that time, we have gone through many reorgs and our groups can't collaberate quite so easily (complicated time-tracking/billing issues....). I think that, this time, I am on my own.

My question is this: how many of you are expected to take a project from A to Z (writing through desiging to available on line) and how many of you have other departments that do the design stuff? For those of you who do it all, do you have real specific standards you need to follow?

Thanks.

WW

Share your photos without swamping your Inbox. Get Hotmail Extra Storage today! http://join.msn.com/?PAGE=features/es

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com