Re: What deadly serious article about technical writing would you pay money to read?

Subject: Re: What deadly serious article about technical writing would you pay money to read?
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 11:34:27 -0700 (PDT)

> What I'm trying to get at is what possible serious
> subjects might be both
> worth writing about *and* within my own professional
> grasp. While I am
> bottom-feeding, I'd like to see if it's possible to
> contribute something
> worthwhile to the field and perhaps make a buck or
> two.

Well, let's start with another question:

What do you know?

This isn't pointed at you specifically, but the
problem with most articles in most tech writing trade
magazines is that they are written by people who don't
have a full grasp of the subject, or a full grasp of
their audience.

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)

"As soon as you hear the phrase "studies show",
immediately put a hand on your wallet and cover your groin."
-- Geoff Hart

http://shopping.yahoo.com

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com