RE: Linux documentation tools

Subject: RE: Linux documentation tools
From: "Bill Lawrence" <scribe -at- matrixplus -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:17:14 -0400

Eric,

The DSSSL Stylesheets for converting Docbook can be found at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/docbook

Emacs has quite a number of SGML and XML add-ons and I'd start looking
there for an SGML editor.

If you can use XML instead of SGML, you can get a bit more capability
from any of the freeware editors such as Morphon (it's Java based and
multiplatform). You can also find the XSL style sheets for transforming
Docbook at the same sourceforge address.

You can use CVS to store the SGML.

I use Docbook XML and the tylesheets at the above address on Windows,
and that works very well. At my previous job, we ran it on UNIX and the
differences between how the tools function in the two platforms is
minor.

If you want to go into more detail about setting up the environment to
make this work, you can email me directly.

Regards,

Bill Lawrence

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com