Re: Training Replacemnts?

Subject: Re: Training Replacemnts?
From: "Ed Wurster" <eawurster -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 09:06:58 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Oja, W. Kelly"

> Has anyone been in a similar situation of having to train your
> replacement? This is not by choice.

The feeling of permanence is a hallucination. Every day is T-1. Start
training for the next job as soon as you start this one.

As far as training my replacement, I remember that happening, but avoided
doing so for about a year.

"I was looking for a job when I found this one." That's a quote from someone
I met along the way, who was a very good mechanical engineer.

If you want something more permanent, education or government provides that.

Ed Wurster

http://www.eWurster.com/blog/
Consulting, Programming and Maintenance
for Computer Systems and Networks
Training, Technical Writing and Web Design

“Mustang” (code name) is a NEW online publishing tool for FrameMaker that

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com