RE: Ethical dilemma

Subject: RE: Ethical dilemma
From: "Oja, W. Kelly" <w -dot- kelly -dot- oja -at- verizon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 08:24:13 -0500

After reading a number of responses to the original post, I would ignore
the situation if I were in the same position.

Number 1, if you do approach your manager, you might be placed in the
hot seat and management might want to know how you came to know the
hours of your counterpart. The manager might already know and might be
angry(?) that you made it your business.

Number 2, not to offend anyone, but whistleblowers, or tattlers, are not
usually looked highly upon.

Number 3, in my own opinion, I feel what comes around goes around and if
the employee in question is fudging on their timesheet, they will get
theirs. A saying goes, "Worry about your own self."

Number 4, I do not think this is a question of your ethics, but rather
the other person. If they can sleep at night, more power to them.

W. Kelly Oja
Verizon Airfone
Stay in Touch with Verizon Airfone JetConnect (sm)

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com