Re: Questions - Going from Hourly to Per Project Basis

Subject: Re: Questions - Going from Hourly to Per Project Basis
From: anachie sheakspear <asheakspear -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 13:23:41 -0700 (PDT)

All:

I posted a similar question a few weeks ago, but was
slammed by junk mail and received only one reply, so
I?ve switched email accounts and thought I?d try
again. Here?s the situation?

For the past 7 months I?ve been working for a company
as an hourly consultant. A few weeks ago, the CFO told
me that it was costing them too much, so they want to
engage my services on a per project basis.

To be honest, I?ve never done this before and I feel
that the company could take big advantage of my lack
of experience. Anyway, I?m scheduled to meet with the
CEO and CFO next week to discuss the terms. I really
want to be prepared for this meeting. So:

- What key questions should I ask?
- Do I base an estimate on my former hourly rate?
- What are the pluses and minuses of doing business
this way?

One thing that springs to mind is that they can use
whatever I bid to find someone cheaper and I?d be SOL.
Not sure how to quite phrase this one. Also, do does
anyone out there have experience working on a ?per
project? basis?

- How do you determine the scope of the project?
- Do you use a template; do you submit that template
to your client outlining the scope of the project,
milestones, etc? If so, would you be willing to share?

I?d be very grateful for advice on this one, and of
course, I would share responses with anyone who is
interested.

TIA
Anachie

http://shopping.yahoo.com