Re: Manual binding inquiry in

Subject: Re: Manual binding inquiry in
From: Dick Margulis <margulis -at- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 07:03:11 -0400

Meg12867 -at- aol -dot- com wrote:

My department is trying to determine the binding layout format commonly used for spiral binding a landscape document. We have two scenarios which have been proposed. My department had intended to bind the landscape document with a landscape table of contents and cover. Are the following layout formats used for binding a landscape manual?

1. Portrait cover and table of contents with the remaining content of the manual as landscape

2. Portrait cover and landscape content

Are they used? Most definitely. Should they be used? Not in my opinion. Why make the reader turn the book after opening it? What's the advantage? If the book is going to be used in the landscape orientation, then clue the reader in by orienting the cover and frontmatter that way, too.

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses at mail.fiam.net]

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com