RE: Stupid users (was the "top this" thread)

Subject: RE: Stupid users (was the "top this" thread)
From: eric -dot- dunn -at- ca -dot- transport -dot- bombardier -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 12:09:20 -0400

"Goldstein, Dan" <DGoldstein -at- DeusTech -dot- com> wrote on 10/03/2003 11:43:16 AM:
> Goober, before you go too far with this, I *really* think
> you should go to
> the link that was provided (http://tinyurl.com/367n).
> Looks like Mandy
> bothered to check her facts, unlike some people...

I'd like to second that motion. Regardless of the stupid action, it is the
consequences and subsequent behaviour of the corporation that were judged out of
line and out of proportion. The enormous amount of the settlement was due to the
past history of judgements and out-of-court settlements that in no way dissuaded
the company from changing its habits. They essentially judged that the money
saved by spending less on coffee grounds out-weighed those consumers that were
seriously injured by the product (both in misuse and proper use). Those injured
had to stick it out past the company's initial stone walling of all complaints
and bring their case to court.

It is equally interesting to note that the coffee, with respect to the
temperature at which it was served, was judged unfit for human consumption.

Eric L. Dunn
Senior Technical Writer

competitive pricing or view a live demo at: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l3

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com