RE: PDF a "book" of Word files

Subject: RE: PDF a "book" of Word files
From: "Girardot, David" <David -dot- Girardot -at- dendrite -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 15:29:16 -0400

I used to use the INCLUDETEXT method many years ago. It worked great.
(Until one day it stopped working.) No idea why it stopped but
eventually it did and we were left with a formatting disaster the day
before the docs go to the printer. So I would not trust INCLUDETEXT...

What I do is use RD fields for the TOC, print each file including the
TOC/shell to numbered postscript files (00, 01, 02, ... ), and then use
a ps script I found on the web to create one big PDF out of all the
individual PS files. This method works great but you will not have
numbering continuing from one doc to the other, nor will you have
working links and bookmarks in the PDF.

Just keep reminding folks there was a reason why you switched to FM in
the first place. Word is great but it doesn't do everything.

-- David

David M. Girardot
"My opinions are my own."