Re: Heuristic evaluation of documentation?

Subject: Re: Heuristic evaluation of documentation?
From: Dawn Whitlock <dawn -dot- whitlock -at- tait -dot- co -dot- nz>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 09:26:59 +1300

Hi Geoff

Thanks for your post in response to my query. I'll check the issue of TC that you
mention.

My intention is not to review draft documents per se (at least not at this stage)
but rather to heuristically evaluate some existing manuals so that I can determine
what has been done well and what we can improve on.

I agree. The article by Kath Straub was very interesting, and arrived in my inbox at
a very timely moment!

The STC SIG newsgroup have pointed me in the direction of Vesa Purho's "Heuristic
Inspections for Documentation - 10 Recommended Documentation Heuristics". See
http://www.stcsig.org/usability/newsletter/0004-docsheuristics.html.

Chauncey kindly pointed me in the direction of this article, which some people may
find interesting and useful:

--
Dawn Whitlock
Senior Technical Author